When making a standard request, you have a variety of options as to which types of files can be translated.
The following are the types of files we support:
- Text file (.txt)
- Microsoft Word (.docx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)
- CSV (.csv)
- Microsort PowerPoint Presentation (.pptx)
- YAML (.yml)
※ Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint will NOT be uploaded if protected by a password.
Any regular text file (.txt) is acceptable.
Please pay attention to the following when uploading a Word file:
- Only the final version is translated. Markups will NOT be translated.
- Headers and Footers will NOT be translated.
- If your document contains hyperlinks, only the text will be translated.
- If your document contains comments, it will NOT be uploaded.
- If your document contains tiff images, it will NOT be uploaded.
- If your document contains a phonetic guide, it will NOT be uploaded.
Only the text in the following areas will be translated:
- Text within the cell.
- Sheet names.
※ Comments, graphs, pivot tables, headlines of graphs, numbers and formats for dates will NOT be translated. However, hidden columns, rows and sheets still count. Therefore, make sure to upload only the parts that you want to be translated.
Please also note that when your Excel file has the "share" option enabled, Conyac may not be able to read the file properly.
Numbers and formats for dates will NOT be translated.
Please pay attention to the following when uploading a PowerPoint file:
- Our system will NOT pick all the texts of your presentation. Only those in text boxes and auto shapes on slide sheets will be translated.
- The style of the text such as underlines and font colors will not be reflected in the translation.
- The outcome may differ from the original layout of the document, due to the process of implementing the translated text into your PowerPoint file.
Please make sure to check the format before uploading.